Euro Delta semi-trailing arm axle
When cornering or during rolling movement, the wheel on the outside of the curve is always subjected to a higher load due to the centrifugal force. The wheel on the inside of the curve tends to lift off the road surface.
The solution: The AL‑KO Delta semi-trailing arm axle acts counter to centrifugal force.
The individual wheels mounted on arms (swing arms) move around the axle located at an angle in space during suspension compression and rebound. The force acting on the wheel on the outside of the corner is transmitted via the swing arm onto the axle stub of the wheel with the effect that it increases its toe-in and negative camber. The wheel braces itself against the centrifugal force, thus supporting the vehicle on the inside.
What's more: More than 70% of all caravans rely on AL-KO quality– and for good reason!
- Maximum safety:
during roll movements
with side wind and
- Maintenance-free due to lifetime lubrication
- Very good shock absorption: the suspension settles down quickly and thus increases driving safety
- As standard for nearly all caravans with an AL-KO chassis – cannot be retrofitted
- More driving comfort and increased driving safety for car trailers
- Each wheel has independent wheel suspension